Check out the list of 2021 Comp Laude® Award winners, announced by WorkCompCentral at a virtual awards ceremony on Friday, November 5.
– Yvonne Guibert, vice president of BI WorkCompCentral
TAMPA, FLORIDA, USA, Nov 8, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ – Awards were given for outstanding contributions to the workers’ compensation industry at the annual Comp Laude competition® Awards and gala on Friday, November 5, at a virtual live event, with live streaming at the Haya Hotel in historic Ybor City in Tampa, Florida.
Attendees gathered online for two days, Nov. 4-5, to attend sessions, including the coveted awards ceremony on Friday. Co-hosts Yvonne Guibert and Rafael Gonzalez, Esq. hosted and interacted with a small group of workers’ compensation professionals who watched the event live in a conference room at the Haya Hotel. “I am honored to continue working on the vision of WorkCompCentral founder David J. DePaolo. His intention was to change the narrative of our industry into a more positive dialogue. said Yvonne Guibert, vice president of BI WorkCompCentral.
The Comp Laude® Awards takes its name from the Latin term “cum laude” commonly used in academia which means “with honor”. Awards were given to individuals and companies representing many segments of the workers’ compensation industry, even injured workers. This year, prizes were awarded in 13 categories:
– Applicant / Applicant Lawyer, Robert Rubin, Robin, Carmack & Gonia
– Defense Counsel, Ya’Sheaka C. Williams, Eraclides Gelman Law Firm
– Claims Advisor, Monty Sweeney, Sedgwick
– Healthcare professional, Jeanine Zukerman, IA, BSN, CCM
– Doctor / physician, Steven Feinberg, MD, Feinberg Medical Group
– Service Provider / Supplier, Steve Ehretsman, Shamrock Prosthetics
– Civil servant, Hon. Kenneth Switzer, Chief Justice, Tennessee
– Humanitarian Comp Work, Kimberly Helwig, NCCI
– Employer, Texas Mutual Insurance Company
– Risk Professional, Sheri Lawrence, SoCal Gas
– Industry Leader, Victoria Kennedy, Washington Dept of Labor & Industries
– Injured Workers Finalists: Mark Cronin, LAPD and Travis Reynolds, NUCOR
– People’s Choice Award, chosen by the public using Text-to-Vote, Debra Livingston
An honorary award was presented to Kristen Chavez, now with Gallagher Bassett, to mark her seventeen years of service with WorkCompCentral.
The top two awards were given to individuals selected for their professional contributions to the workers’ compensation industry:
Magna Comp Laude® (with great honor), James Anderson, Anderson, Crawley & Burke, PLLC
Summa Comp Laude® (with highest honor) also known as David J. DePaolo Award, Rosemary McKenzie Ferguson, Australian Injured Worker and Founder of Craig’s Table
For a full list of nominees and finalists, click here. Next year, WorkCompCentral will host Comp Laude® Awards and live gala in Huntington Beach, CA, October 2-4 at the Paséa Hotel and Spa. Applications are now open for Comp Laude 2022® Prices and are open to industry. All workers’ compensation stakeholders are encouraged to name a colleague here.
Guibert Services SARL