Here, midway through 2021, COVID-19 dominates the headlines and conversations less than it was a year ago. But the pandemic has indelibly changed the behaviors and policies of workers and workplaces.
For example, a recent Sequoia Consulting Group survey found this:
- There has been a 50% growth in the number of companies strategically focused on the emotional health of employees over the past year;
- A third of companies now have “forced holidays” and
- Seven in ten companies have rolled out new Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DCI) programs in the past year.
Here’s another notable change from last year: The Worker’s Compensation Institute (WCI) returns in 2021 with its in-person educational conference. This is where the winners of the annual NU PC360 Worker Risk Management Excellence Award will be honored.
This rewards program Sponsored by Sedgwick and National security in collaboration with WCI highlights stories about ingenuity, collaboration and humanity in the areas of workers’ compensation insurance and risk management. The 32nd WCI Safety and Health Conference will be held December 12-15, 2021, at the Orlando World Center Marriott.
Nominations for the awards are now open
The 2021 Worker’s Compensation Risk Management Excellence Award recognizes outstanding loss control, safety and return to work programs.
In 2020, the three winners of this award were JetBlue Airways, DaVita Inc. and Baptist Children’s Home of North Carolina.
This year’s award nomination cycle begins July 1, 2021 and ends September 1, 2021.
Up to three winners will receive:
- An exclusive feature in the December 2021 issue of NU IARD magazine as well as online at PropertyCasualty360.com.
- Free registration for the WCI 2021 Educational Conference.
- One night’s accommodation during the WCI 2021 Educational Conference.
- Attended a platform trophy presentation as well as a live roundtable winner interview session during the WCI Educational Conference.
- A private dinner hosted at the WCI Educational Conference.
A participant must be a risk manager or someone who works in a risk management department of a US company or organization and responsible at least in part for the company’s workers compensation program. Carriers and brokers, although not directly eligible for the award, should encourage customers / policyholders to apply. Applicants should have a great story to share on workplace safety innovation and cost management.
Past recipients of the Excellence in Risk Management Award are not eligible.
The participant must fill in all the company profile information in the application below. (All proprietary information will be kept confidential and is collected for judgment purposes only.)
There is no entry fee for this pricing program submission. Click here to submit an application today!