The nominee will support projects related to maternal and fetal medicine with a focus on the role of the placenta in maternal endocrine disorders such as gestational diabetes.
The National University of Singapore is calling for applications for a research associate in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Yong Loo Lin Faculty of Medicine. This department has strong research programs in all areas of women’s health, integrating basic scientific research with translational clinical research and randomized controlled trials (https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/obgyn/#). Appointments will be made on a 12 months contractual basis initially, with the possibility of extension if necessary.
Purpose of the position
The research associate will be responsible for and work closely with the principal investigator and members of the study team to ensure the success of projects in the department’s laboratory on the main NUS campus.
This position will provide the opportunity to learn more about different aspects of clinical and laboratory research. The position is suitable for a person with a passion for science and eager to acquire new skills and techniques.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The research associate will work closely with research fellows, research technicians and research coordinators. He / She will report directly to the Principal Investigator (PI). The RA will have to:
- Oversee the general management of projects, provide administrative and secretarial support to projects, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team;
- Undertake day-to-day management of laboratory work, including processing of tissue and blood samples, performing cell / tissue cultures, various molecular biology experiments under the supervision of research fellows;
- Collection of samples in hospitals and maintenance of sample catalogs, sample tracking and data collection,
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met, monitor the maintenance of laboratory equipment and perform general administrative tasks to ensure the proper functioning of the laboratory;
- Help prepare project progress and final reports;
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other task of a similar nature delegated by the PI.
The applicant must:
- Hold a master’s degree in nursing / medicine or a related discipline; preferably with some research experience;
- have at least 3 years of experience working in wet labs in biomedical sciences
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative character, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications eg MS Office, PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Site: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Obstetrics & Gynecology
Eligible for employee recommendation: No
Job Application ID: 10531